Only Headwind Hunter gives you a real time chart to see fuel wasting aerodynamic drag on your vehicle. It also sources hyper-local weather data to show you wind direction on an easy to read rotating dial as your drive. Optimize your MPG based on near real time headwind/crosswind/tailwind conditions. Increase fuel efficiency up to 20% by knowing when a fuel wasting headwind exists, allowing you to intelligently reduce speed - only when it makes sense. Headwind Hunter creates a virtual on-board airspeed sensor and now makes aerospace technology once only reserved for pilots available to all.
Headwind Hunter FEATURES:
* real time aerodynamic drag force
* historical chart of aerodynamic drag force (real time = orange, average = white)
* wind direction dial - from a top down view, based on GPS vehicle bearing when moving, not device orientation
* rotating RED and BLUE wind direction arrows. RED arrows light up for headwind, BLUE arrows
light up for tailwind
* virtual AIRSPEED sensor "A" and GROUNDSPEED "G" indicator at the center of the rotating wind dial
* NOW PAYING label is the amount you are currently paying per gallon of fuel due to headwind/tailwind effects (i.e., if you purchased gas at $2.99/gallon and experience a 10% MPG PENALTY, your effective fuel cost is $3.29. OR a 10% MPG BOOST during a tailwind results in a $2.69 fuel cost)
* MPG PENALTY/MPG BOOST label is the percent change in miles per gallon due to a headwind or tailwind. PENALTY/BOOST is calculated with respect to zero headwind or tailwind at your current ground speed.
* NET WIND EFFECT label is the net accumulated fuel cost penalty or savings from wind. A net cost penalty is a positive number, and net cost savings is shown as a negative number. Net Wind Effect is only calculated when the app is open and calculated with respect to MPG at your groundspeed without wind.
* HEAD WIND DETECTED: SLOW DOWN! means you currently have a headwind, drive more slowly or safely draft behind another vehicle to improve fuel economy.
* "TAILWIND DETECTED: SPEED UP!" means a tailwind exists (nice!). Either drive faster with a minimal fuel economy penalty to make up time or keep the same speed and increase MPG.
* km/h mode for metric speed and drag force units
* VOICE ALERT gives headwind/tailwind alerts for hands free use
* NIGHT MODE red color theme to improve night vision
* DISABLE AUTO LOCK keeps the app open until manually closed (requires app restart to become effective)
* touch for different preset vehicle drag and fuel economy profiles
* default fuel price is $3.00/gallon. Click CUSTOM to enter fuel price manually.
* If no other custom values are entered, select another preset vehicle configuration button after entering the custom fuel price. The custom fuel price will still be saved for other VEHICLE CONFIGURATION presets.
VEHICLE CONFIGURATION Presets
BIG RIG - A heavy duty tractor trailer with 18 wheels.
Coefficient of drag: 0.60
Cross sectional area: 112 square feet
Highway MPG: 6.75
TRUCK/SUV (or minivan): A large truck, full size SUV.
Coefficient of drag: 0.40
Cross sectional area: 33.5 square feet
Highway MPG: 22
CAR: A large 4 door passenger car.
Coefficient of drag: 0.31
Cross sectional area: 24 sq feet
Highway MPG: 33
MOTOBIKE: A motorcycle.
Coefficient of drag: 0.70
Cross sectional area: 5.5 sq feet
Highway MPG: 33
HYBRID: A compact hybrid like the leading 4 door hatchback.
Coefficient of drag: 0.25
Cross sectional area: 22.6 sq feet
Highway MPG: 48
ELEC CAR: The leading 4 door luxury electric car.
Coefficient of drag: 0.24 ELEC CAR (0.30 ELEC SUV estimate)
Cross sectional area: 25.8 square feet, (30 square feet ELEC SUV estimate)
Highway MPGe: 90, (85 ELEC SUV estimate)
Fuel Cost: recommend using CUSTOM fuel price of $4.71 per gallon gasoline equivalent ($0.14 kWh)
CROSS WIND SAFETY BENEFITS
* quickly identify cross wind based on RED or BLUE arrows
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Headwind Hunter is a free trial software application from the Recreation subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2015-07-28. The program can be installed on iOS.
Headwind Hunter (version 1.8) has a file size of 8.28 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.